"Mama"

"Mama"
"Mama" by my daughter age 3

Wednesday, May 24, 2017

O'Keeffe Metal Tool Flowers/ Skulls






I'm always looking for a new way to teach an artist I like to cover year after year. 4th graders learned about Georgia O'Keeffe through a video and Power Point presentation. They first did pencil drawings and then traced their drawing onto metal tool. Originally in the lesson I was only going to have the student's do flowers, but I had a few boys in my first 4th grade section ask if they could do cow skulls instead. I said absolutely, what a great idea and I loved they were thinking about the artist but also what they wanted to do. Students who did a flower used colored Sharpies to color in flowers and students who did skulls used black acrylic paint to create a patina.  Lastly they added wire and did some beading at the bottom of their art piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment