"Mama"

"Mama"
"Mama" by my daughter age 3

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Mardi Gras Masks




5th graders learned about the history of Mardi Gras through a short video and Power Point Presentation. Mardi Gras, refers to events of Carnival celebrations, beginning on or after King's Day (January 6) and ending on the day before Ash Wednesday. Mardi Gras is French for "Fat Tuesday". It is a celebration reflecting the practice of the last night of eating richer, fatty foods before the ritual fasting of the Lenten season, from the Catholic religion.  Popular practices on Mardi Gras include wearing masks and costumes, dancing, sports competitions, music, and parades.

Learning Targets:

I can completely cover my mask form with 2-3 layers of overlapping pieces of paper.
I can smooth down the pieces of paper.

I can add unique details to my mask.

No comments:

Post a Comment