"Mama"

"Mama"
"Mama" by my daughter age 3

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Kandinsky Portraits



First graders learned about the artist Wassily Kandinsky. We looked at all the lines and shapes in his artworks. They were able to point out all the different types of lines used in Kandinsky's artwork. They also learned about the difference between a line and shape. They drew 7 different types of lines and 5 shapes on their drawing paper. They then painted over it with water color. I took their photographs, they posed like they were pretending to shout. During their work time I had them come up to my computer and they told me 3 things about themselves that we turned into I statements. Their portraits are shouting all the wonderful things about themselves.
(I originally saw the portait part of this project on Pinterest)

No comments:

Post a Comment