"Mama"

"Mama"
"Mama" by my daughter age 3

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Adaptive Circle Paintings




This project is great for any little artist no matter what the skill level. My adaptive students loved this day in art. Each was given a sheet of paper that was the length of the table (I only have 5 students in my adaptive class). I had a whole table filled with cups of different colored paint. The only direction I gave them was to only paint circles to start. Every 3-4 minutes I'd give them a  new color. The last step I gave them was to use water color to fill in any of their white spots. They were so engaged! And it was so cool to see their personality shine through in the paintings: one student painted all his circles in solidly, one painted them all the exact same size, and of course there was one who was all over the place. It was amazing to watch!

1 comment:

  1. I noticed your blog online and wanted to bring a new art resource to your attention that may be of interest. My book, Making Art Special - A Curriculum for Special Education Art, is filled with tips for designing lessons as well as 50 illustrated, step-by-step lessons. For more info please check out my facebook page, facebook.com/makingartspecial

    Kudos to you and your great work!
    Helen Goren Shafton

    ReplyDelete